1. At the Pebble Beach Food & Wine Festival (April 9-12), 250 acclaimed wineries and 100 celebrity chefs will come together to dish up extraordinary meals. Pick up culinary tips as the experts will do demos, and mingle with the crowd as well. Details www.pbfw.com/.
2. Santa Barbara&rsquos Lucidity Festival (April 10-12) is a transformational arts and music event where you not only get to listen to a wide variety of musicians but also participate by bringing art, leading a workshop, starting a spontaneous flash mob and more. Details www.2015.lucidityfestival.com/.
3. Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival (April 11-12, 18-19) will be held at San Francisco&rsquos Japantown to celebrate the blooming of cherry blossoms. Enjoy the prevailing Japanese cultural heritage of the Japanese-American community. Details on www.sfcherryblossom.org/.
4. You only have to travel as far as California&rsquos Anaheim Convention Centre to join the Star Wars Celebration (April 16-19). Enthusiasts will get to see costumes, exhibits, etc., buy exclusive merchandise, meet celebrity guests, attend screenings and autograph sessions, etc. Details www.starwarscelebration.com/.
5. Held at the desert plains just south of Palm Springs,the Coachella Valley Arts & Music Festival (April 17-19) is a two-weekend programme that brings together almost every genre of music. Passes are in high demand so book early. Onsite camping allowed. Details www.coachella.com/.
6. Hillcrest, San Diego&rsquos popular neighbourhood that is known for its Sunday farmer&rsquos market, will hold its annual Taste of Hillcrest festival (April 18 from noon to 4pm), an opportunity for a self-guided culinary tour. There will be more than 40 restaurants spread across more than 12 blocks and foods from all over the world including Italy, Mexico, Middle East, Asia and American favourites. Details www.fabuloushillcrest.com/.